ReadingWithCass

Reading With Cass

I'm just another girl in love with books and who happens to make videos about books on YouTube.

The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed)

The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed) - Page Morgan Okay, this was my very first time reading a book with Gargoyles in it. You know, the creepy stone figures that can be seen protecting cathedrals? Yeah those are the ones. Well in this book, the Gargoyles were originally human. Men who died after murdering another human while they were still alive were forced to be Gargoyles for the rest of eternity (or at least until they were killed as Gargoyles). The Gargoyles are sent to protect all humans within the house/cathedral/bridge that they themselves live on. They protect the humans from demons.

The story follows a young girl named Ingrid and the rest of her family. Her twin brother goes missing and its up to Ingrid and her little sister, Gabby to find out where he is. Along the way, they meet Gargoyles, Luc, and other humans who are willing to help them.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were great and I love the romance that starts to blossom between characters. And don't worry, it wasn't insta-love. The characters actually don't really like each other at first, which makes the romance even better :D

This book was filled with action and adventure mixed with some mystery and romance. I would recommend it to fantasy/mystery lovers :)