ReadingWithCass

Reading With Cass

I'm just another girl in love with books and who happens to make videos about books on YouTube.

The Book of Blood and Shadow

The Book of Blood and Shadow - Robin Wasserman When I first saw this book in the store, I picked it up immediately hoping to buy it. Not only was I intrigued by the cover art, but the synopsis also sounded amazing and my kind of book. Unfortuantly I didn't buy it right then, but I guess that's also a good thing because I got it for free.

I was so excited when I received this book in the mail that I dug into it right away. The first thing I noticed was the writing style. I loved the main character's way of thinking (Nora). She spoke very intelligently and allowed me too get into her head. Plus she had some funny lines which is always fun.

Two of her friends are given the job of deciphering the Book, while Nora is stuck with deciphering old letters., which she believes to be unimportant. Soon she finds out that the Book and the letters are connected.

I really loved how this book had mystery, action, religion, and old documents. It is like The Da Vinci Code except for teenagers. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed The Da Vinci Code.

My main thing about this book was that it kept me guessing. As soon as I thought I figured something out, there would be a big twist and everything would change. (I did predict a few things though :P).

I really did enjoy this book. It was such a fun read and it went by quickly due to the short chapters. I highly recommend.

Happy Reading!