ReadingWithCass

Reading With Cass

I'm just another girl in love with books and who happens to make videos about books on YouTube.

Shades of Grey: A Novel

Shades of Grey: A Novel - Jasper Fforde This book is more of a rating of 2.5 stars rather than 3 mainly because it took literally 300 pages out of 388 for me to actually start to enjoy the book.

I heard mixed reviews going into it and wasn't even entirely sure if I was going to read it but I found it for 6 bucks in hardcover so I had to buy it.

The story is set in a dystopian world where people can only see certain colors which seemed like an interesting concept but turned out to be something entirely different.

It was so slooowwwwww. All the narrator (named Edward) talked about was the Something That Happened and politics in this world. blah blah blah.

There were so many rules in this new government and so much description that I found myself easily bored and confused.

That is until the last 80 pages or so when the main character and his friends leave the safety of their town to go explore another abandoned town. Only then did it start to get good. There was actually even some action.

I would only recommend this book to people who can handle more slow paced books. This really wasn't the book for me but maybe it will be for you.

Thanks and Happy Reading! :)